CARP Pre-Apprenticeship Opportunity
The Northeast Carpenters Apprentice Fund, the Eastern Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters, and the Associated Construction Contractors of New Jersey, have partnered to offer the Carpenters’ Apprentice Ready Program (CARP). CARP’s goal is to identify and train underserved populations throughout the State of NJ.
Classes prepare candidates to complete the intake process for the New Jersey Carpenter’s Apprenticeship Program and to be successful as a Union Carpenter in the field from day one. Training Includes:
- Interview Skills, Resume Building, Job Search Skills
- Being Successful in Construction through Attitude, Character, and Ethics
- Working with the Tools and Material - Shop Skills & Safety
- Construction Math - Measurement and Beyond
- OSHA 10 Certification
REQUIREMENTS at time of Application Include:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Participants must be 18 years old
- A Valid Driver’s license is required at time of application
- Be able to pass a drug screening
- Commitment to attending ALL training dates
Applicants should possess above average manual dexterity, coordination, and balance. Carpenters work both indoors and outdoors in extreme weather. The work is hard and physical by nature.
*Program will be held on Saturdays for 10 weeks and will be held at both the Edison and Hammonton training centers, depending on where you currently live. Class dates will be around December 2022, exact dates will be posted once available. Interviews for the program will be conducted in the Fall 2022.