Apprentice Registration is subject to final approval by Training Center Director/Coordinator
Online Training Opportunity
You must log in to the Carpenters International Training Fund (Las Vegas) Online Learning Center linked below to access the following courses.
The CITF Online Learning Center is separate log in information from the Local Training Center Website.
You must create a new account for the CITF, see directions in RED boxes below for support.
The new COVID-19 Preparedness Qualification (CITF) online course covers the rules and procedures outlined in the March 20, 2020, OSHA Guideline Document. This online course is available to all members through the CITF Learning Management System (LMS). Upon completion of the course and test, the COVID-19 Preparedness Qualification (CITF) course will display on the member’s Training Verification Card (TVC).
There is also a new ICRA: Best Practices Awareness (CITF) online course to promote communication, awareness, and protocols for working in occupied health-care facilities available in this same CITF Online Learning Center.
Trouble logging in?
- Make sure you are using the same email associated with your local union
- Make sure you are logging in using Google Chrome Browser
- If you are still receiving an error message, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and supply your name, UBC ID, email address and error message with support ID
UPCOMING CLASSESView Full Course Calendar
UBC/CITF Construction Site Safety Specialist (CSSS) Certificate Program
The certificate program will provide the foundational knowledge and skills needed for a construction site safety professional. The program will also prepare UBC members to take the STSC and CHST exam.
Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Certifications
The BSCP offers the most recognized industry credentials in the safety and health profession. BCSP’s certifications are accredited by ANSI.
Recommended Steps of Completion
We suggest members complete the certificates/certifications In the order listed below. Steps 1-3 are recommended certificates/certifications for UBC members. Steps 4-5 are optional and are more advanced certifications, which require college degrees.
1. UBC/CITF Construction Site Safety Specialist (CSSS)
2. Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC)
3. Construction Health and-Safety Technician (CHST)
4. Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
5. Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
The Certificate and Certification Process
1. A member will complete UBC/CITF Construction Site Safety Specialist (CSSS) Certificate Program through their local training centers.
2. Once a member successfully completes the UBC/CITF Construction Site Safety Specialist (CSSS) and meets the eligibility requirements of the Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC), they will be eligible to attend a STSC Exam Prep workshop at the ITC. The CITF, with the assistance of the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP), will schedule exams at a Pearson Vue testing center. The CITF will shuttle attendees to the testing centers. The workshop will be 3 days: 2 days for preparing for the exam and 1 day for testing.
3. Once a member successfully completes the STSC exam and/or the eligibility requirements of the Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST), they will be eligible to attend a CHST Exam Prep Workshop or use an online exam prep course. The member will be eligible to take the exam at the ITC or local areas.
4. Once a member successfully completes the CSSS, STSC, and/or CHST, they can pursue the Associate Safety Professionals (ASP) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSP).